Green Aqua General Terms and Conditions
A quick personal note: we - here in Hungary - are doing our best to serve you as a customer. This page has been assembled to help you through the whole process. It is made to protect your purchase, your money, your rights. The following is not just some lenghty legal stuff, it contains important informations, that you SHOULD really know before placing an order. It is a general description of how our website works, describing many useful functions. Please take some time to quickly review some of the points below (it will only take a couple of minutes to find the info you need):
- 1. General Conditions
- 2. Company Data
- 3. Orders
- 4. Delivery policy
- 5. Incomplete or damaged packages
- 6. Payments, taxes, invoices
- 7. Returns Policy
- 8. Warranty
- 9. Complaints
- 10. Newsletter
- 11. Privacy and cookies policy
- 12. Intellectual property
- 13. Product Safety
- 14. Website updates
- 15. Applicable laws
Green Aqua Terms of Sale
The following Terms of Sale apply to all sales at this websites as well as shop sales at the Green Aqua Kft. operated store in Törökbálint, Hungary. Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Green Aqua Kft. (Kft. means LLC - Limited Liability Company). Green Aqua Kft. offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here. By visiting our site and/ or purchasing something from us, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”, “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services. If these Terms of Service are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms of Service. Any new features or tools which are added to the current store shall also be subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. Last update date is featured in Section 14. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
By agreeing to these Terms of Service, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your country of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your country of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site. You may not use our products for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws). You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature. A breach or violation of any of the Terms will result in an immediate termination of your Services.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time. You understand that your content (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service or any contact on the website through which the service is provided, without express written permission by us. The headings used in this agreement are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms.
We are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk.
Green Aqua is an internationally registered trademark of Green Aqua Kft. and therefore it is copyrighted by international law. The use of the name Green Aqua in relation with aquarium and other hobby products is strictly prohibited.
- 2. COMPANY DATA
- Company name: Green Aqua Kft.
Bank Name: CIB BANK Zrt.
Bank Address: Medve utca 4-14, 1027 Budapest, Hungary.
SWIFT (BIC): CIBHHUHB
IBAN (EUR transfers): HU84107023324878880150000005
- Company registration Number: 01-09-950626 (Company Registry Court of Budapest)
EU tax number: HU14702530
- Company Address: Thán Károly utca 23-25., 1119 Budapest, Hungary
Phone: +36 1 6104627
- Skype: greenaquashop
Email: Send email
Website: greenaqua.hu, greenaqua.net, greenaqua.com, greenaqua.net, greenaqua.ro
- Shop address (Gallery): Thán Károly utca 23-25., 1119 Budapest, Hungary (entrance from the Major köz 12.)
Phone: +36-1-6104627 (we speak English, Swedish, Romanian, some German, Hungarian)
- Open: Mo-Fr 10-17, Sat 10-13.
- Green Aqua Kft. is an international wholesaler of the Green Aqua brand and many other exclusive brands. Please contact us for details.
- 3. ORDERS
- You can initiate the purchase of an item by clicking the "Add to cart" button. You can continue shopping after you put an item into the cart. We offer one item by default to be put in the cart, but you can change that value to fit your needs. If you Sign up as a user you will be able to access your shopping cart even after you log out - months after you put the items in the cart. The order placement system is an easy but an advanced one.
- 3.1 Finding the right products
Navigation on our website is really easy. We have organized the products in categories to best describe their function. There are subcategories withing each category. You can sort the pages by Category, Price, Manufacturer, etc. You can also display all products from the same manufacturer using the Brand menu. The Green Aqua website has a really advanced and very popular custom search engine at the top of the page. You can search by any keywords, category names and properties there. You can even search by item numbers. Product list pages contain recommendations based on the popularity of the products within the actual category. Product pages contain unreviewed Yotpo opinions on the specific product.
3.2 The Shopping Cart
After you have found a potentially interesting product, you can place it in the shopping cart. Contents of the shopping cart is continuously accessable through the order process. You can review shopping cart contents and current shopping cart total value at any time during shopping. You can change order quantities for products or remove products from your shopping cart at any time. If you would like to remove something from your cart just access the shopping cart by pushing the Cart button (at the top of the site) and click the X icon next to the product. Please remember to update you shopping cart after changing quantity values. You will have to press the red checkout button in your shopping cart after you are ready with selecting the products. Please remember, that your order will NOT be processed until you have not given your delivery and contact details. Please fill your delivery address accurately. It is even more important for you to give us a mobile phone number on wich you can be reached during the day. If the shipping company agent will not find you at the delivery he/she will call you to find a new date and time for the delivery. If your invoicing and delivery address is not the same, please make sure to fill out both. You will get a detailed invoice with the items that you purchased - made to the invoicing address. The original invoice will be placed inside the package or in a red plastic holder that is mounted on the package.
- 3.3. Estimate Shipping Cost
Your shipping cost can be estimated even before you proceed to the checkout. It is based on your location and the total weight of the package and the type of the products that you have in your shopping cart. Midsize or bigger glass tanks and wooden cabinets will have higher shipping costs due to their fragile nature, and due to the fact that we will have to send them on a palette. Shipping cost is calculated automatically. More about shipping in Section 4
- 3.4 Placing the order
After you push the Checkout button, you will be guided through a number of steps before your order is placed. You will need to choose a checkout method (guest or registered user - please note that registered users have lots of benefits, so remember to sign up before shopping), specify your billing and shipping info, choose a shipping method, select payment method and after review the order for the final time you will place the order.
- 3.5 Accepance of the order
Our system will notify you on email after yor order has been placed. Our colleagues will contact you if they have any questions or comments regarding the shipment of the products (for example if the requested quantity is not available from stoc or if the requested size is not available, etc.).
3.6 Alternative ways to place an order
You can place an order in email. Please give us the following data: invoice name, invoice address (street, number, zip, city, country), shipping address (if different), phone number, desired goods and quantities. If you cannot be reached by phone and email, your order will be cancelled. You can also call us on phone to place an order, but please bare in mind that our sales colleagues are extremely busy with guest at the shop and phone inquiries so we can not process lenghty orders by phone. You are hower always welcome to call and ask for shopping advice.
- 3.7 Third party tools, links
We may provide you with access to third-party tools over which we neither monitor nor have any control nor input. You acknowledge and agree that we provide access to such tools ”as is” and “as available” without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. We shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional third-party tools. Any use by you of optional tools offered through the site is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve of the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third-party provider(s). We may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall also be subject to these Terms of Service. Third-party links on this site may direct you to third-party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties.
3.8 Errors, inaccuracies and omissions
Occasionally there may be information on our site or in the Service that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, product shipping charges, transit times and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information in the Service or on any related website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order). We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify information in the Service or on any related website, including without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update or refresh date applied in the Service or on any related website, should be taken to indicate that all information in the Service or on any related website has been modified or updated.
- 4. DELIVERY POLICY
- Our company tries to minimize shipping costs by all means so we mainly use ground transportation to deliver the goods from our warehouse in Hungary. We continuously negotiate the best prices with our shipping partners.
These shipping companies will deliver packages on WORKDAYS, and during WORKING HOURS. The shipping agent will try to contact you on the phone number you specified in your order or leave a letter with the local customer service number and they also generally leave their own mobile phone numbers, so you can call them and specify a new delivery time and even a new local delivery place. All delivery agents are highly motivated in delivering the packages and they will do everything to contact you and hand over the package as quickly as possible. If the customer can not be reached they will store the package at the nearest GLS Depo for 5 days and then return it to Green Aqua. Please note that Green Aqua is not liable for any damages to live plants due to excess storage time that has resulted from unsuccessful deliveries.
All deliveries are made by our subcontractors. Prices vary depending on the country and on the weight of the package - as well as on the type of the goods that are to be delivered. You will find detailed country information and pricelist here. The freight cost will be specified in the order summary before you submit your order. We currently ship to most EU countries but may not ship to certain EU countries (due to duties regulations or distance). Should you have an inquiry as to whether or not we ship to a specific location, please contact our Customer Service.
If you choose this option, then the package can be personally picked up at our Store in Törökbálint, a small town at the Budapest city borders. You can place an online order and personally pick it up here - during office hours (Mo-Fri 10-17, Sat 10-13). Detailed contact information here. All personal pick-up orders are prepared, customers will be notified when the package is ready. We only keep these orders for one week, if the customer fails to pick the package up, the order will be cancelled.
Normally orders of items in stock ship within 1-3 business days from Order Confirmation and can be expected to be delivered to you within five to ten business days. Delivery times depend on your country's distance from Hungary. Please check our shipping prices page for country-specific details. Delivery times are estimates only and particularly during high season (e.g. Christmas) deliveries may take longer than normal. Our big warehouse hosts thousands of different products, most of which is continuously on stock. We have a relatively big stock in the fishkeeping business, so most orders will be filled within 2-5 day. If we fail to provide you instantly with a product we will contact you in 1 or 2 days to inform you of the expected dispatch time. In case of a delay in delivery of more than fifteen (15) business days beyond the estimated delivery time above, you may cancel your order subject to written notice to us, in which case we will, as our entire liability for the delay, credit any payment made by you. If the order has already shipped, you must first return the item to us before such credit can be made. You will also have the option to select another product or omit the missing product if you choose not to wait.
- Please note that deliveries of aquarium cabinets and glass fishtanks take longer than the normal delivery times. The cabinets are being manufactured on an on-demand basis, normally these orders are filled within a maximum of 3-4 weeks from receiving the order. We also make custom-size cabinets.
Customer satisfaction is of crutial importance to us. We will handle all requests in a quick and professional manner. In some rare cases we might be unable to contact some customers due to faulty contact details. Please scontact our Customer Service with any complaints (or please send an email) and we will try to find a solution for your case. We will handle these requests with the best effort and we are going to return the payments for undelivered packages. Your purchase is safe with Green Aqua.
If you placed an order by error please cancel it by sending an email to us using this contact form. Cancellation has no cost and all prepayments will be returned immediately. Please note that the order cannot be cancelled after the package has left our warehouse.
If your package has been returned to Green Aqua after 2 failed attempts to deliver and you did not claim it at the local shipping depo then Green Aqua will suffer a shipping cost loss. You can initiate the resending of the package but you will have to pay an additional shipping cost in these cases. The second shipment can only be sent if the countervalue of the package and the additional shipping cost has arrive to our bank. We reserve the right to deny the second sending of a package and to ban the customer from future purchases.
- Plant orders
Delivery policy for orders containing live plants is different from regular orders. We have lab plants in jelly and regular potted plants from our own Green Aqua brand as well as Tropica, Dennerle and Anubias. Our goal is to deliver the plants as quickly to your home as possible, so hundreds of plants arrive to us on a weekly basis from many vendors. We keep hundreds of plants in our shop - under professional conditions in many tanks, we have one of the biggest stock of plants in the world for a shop. Having a plant on stok in our webshop however it does not necessarily mean that we have it on phisical stock. If your selection is not available immediately we will wait for the next order to finalize your package, so in some rare cases delivery times can be longer for plant orders than product orders. Please note that ordering lab plants in jelly (called in-vitro or 1-2-grow plants) can extend the storage lifetime of a plant, so we strongly encourage you to prefer the lab-plants when you order from countries that are further away from Hungary.
- Dangerous goods
We notify our clients that in accordance with the 1272/2008/EK regulation Green Aqua will not dispatch live animals or dangerous goods (such as CO2 bottles). They can only be purchased with in-store pick-up option following our notification that the package is available. The list of dangerous goods not to be sent with shipping companies can be found here.
- Products or Services
Certain products or services may have limited quantities and are subject to return or exchange only according to our Return Policy. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors and images of our products that appear at the store. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor's display of any color will be accurate. We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products or Services to any person, country or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products or services that we offer. All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at anytime without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited. We do not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- 5. INCOMPLETE OR DAMAGED PACKAGES
Our company is preparing the packages with the best care and using the best packaging materials available. We only put new, factory-state goods in the package. All packages are being dispatched undamaged through our freight partners (GLS, TNT, etc).
In some rare cases - due to the high number of packages sent out daily - it might be possible that some packages are being damaged, some items are missing from the package or some items are being mistakenly replaced with another item. If any of these cases apply, we guarantee replacement or sending of the damaged / missing goods only if a signed damage-sheet exists - in case of visible external damages on the package. This document will have to be signed in the presence of the freight agent (representative) so the package will have to be examined when the dispatcher is still present.
We ask all our customers to please sign the package acceptance document and then check the exterior of the package in the presence of the agent - especially in the case of fragile goods (aquariums, cabinets, glass products, etc.). If no written damage note exists, we will not be able to file a claim with the freight company and we can not replace or re-send the goods.
In case of internal damages - not visible from the exterior - you have 7 days to report - sending us an email with detailed description of the damage as well as image (images) of the damaged goods. We will be able to address these issues only if we receive a written notification within 7 days from package arrival.
Package acceptance checklist:
- Please pay the required package value (if required). Prepaid packages are free to get.
- Please sign the acceptance of the package.
- Examine carefully the exterior of the package for any damages (leekage marks on packing, torn package, missing tape, damaged sides or corners etc.).
- Please fill the complaint form (or damage form - available at the agent) and sign it.
- After the departure of the agent, please open the package and check its contents. Report any problems within 7 days.
Please help us provide a perfect service for you. Alwasy inspect the package. This could be the only one source of customer unsatisfaction at Green Aqua, it is the best interest for us all to avoid these situations.
- Accuracy of billing and account information
We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors. You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made at our store. You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address and credit card numbers and expiration dates, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed.
- Green Aqua invoices might contain services provided by subcontractors - especially in regards of the shipping. Invoicing date is always the same date that the package leaves the warehouse. All sales are subject to 27% VAT according to Hungarian and EU regulations. We accept the following payment methods:
- 6.1. Credit Card payment
Select Credit card payment on the payment information page and press the Place Order button on the order review page. The Green Aqua website will redirect you to an external CIB Bank secure site where you can enter your credit card details. Your payment is secure, that site uses an advanced SSL encryption. You can only use credit or debit card types that are supported by the CIB Bank system. Currently supported cards: MasterCard, MasterCard Electronic, Maestro, VISA, VISA Electron. Please note that some banks will limit the so-called 'Cnp'-'Card not present' online use of some cards. Please also make sure that the payable amount does not exceed the card limit, if you have one. Green Aqua will get notification of the succesful payment so the package preparing process will start instantly and you will get the ordered products within the delivery time. If you leave the CIB Bank page or if you try to refresh the page before the transaction have been processed or you do not fill out your card information then your order will be deleted, labeled "unsucesful transaction. If you suspect that all this has happened because of a technical error please contact our Customer Support and we will help you with your order.
6.2. Paypal payment
Paypal is one of the most popular payment methods. It is one of the most popular payment methods. It's advantage is that no credit card use is required. Paypal is a virtual payment account, that can be easily set up and be used in many online shops throughout the world that have the paypal logo at their checkout page. Your payment method is anonimous, the bank account will not reflect your actual purhase, only your paypal summary will show what you actually bought. Green Aqua will only process your order if the paypal transfer has already reached our paypal account. Our paypal email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. The webshop system will automatically transfer you to the paypal.com website, so you can make the payment. If you have a credit or debit card attached to your paypal account, then your purchase will be instantanious and the package preparing procedure will start without delay.
- 6.3 Bank transfer - prepayment
After placing an order and selecting the Bank Transfer as payment method, please log in to your internet bank or go to your bank and transfer the order final amount to the Green Aqua IBAN account. Your order will be processed only after the transfer has arrived to us. This normaly takes 1 day within the European Union (with a maximum of 2 days). You will only have to get the package once it reaches your door...
- Bank information for international transfers:
- Account holder (beneficiary name): Green Aqua Kft.
Account holder (beneficiary) address: Thán Károly utca 23-25., 1119 Budapest, Hungary
Bank name: CIB Bank Zrt.
Bank address: Medve utca 4-14., 1027 Budapest, Hungary
Bank SWIFT: CIBHHUHB
- 6.4. Credit Card payment - through our shop POS terminal
- If you decide to visit us at our shop in Törökbálint, Hungary, you have the possibility to pay with Credit or Debit Card at our POS terminal. It uses the CIB Bank system, so most MasterCard and Visa cards can be used: MasterCard, Maestro, VISA, VISA Electron. Please check our opening hours before starting your trip and check the homepage for hollidays and special closures.
- 6.5. Cash payment
- If you choose the "In-Store Pick Up" option under as Shipping Method at step 3 during checkout, you have the possibility to pick up your package at our shop in Törökbálint, Hungary and pay with cash. Please make sure that you start your journey only after we acknowledged that your package is ready. Also, please check our open hours and any occasional hollyday closures featured on the opening page alert bar. We accept EUR and HUF currencies.
- 6.6 Bonus points
- You will get bonus points after each purchase at our online shop. These points can be used in the Shopping Cart, just before you push the Proceed to Checkout button. You can select the amount of points that you want to spend with each purchase. There is no limit to the point spending, you can choose to use all your points at once.
- 6.7 Coupons
- You can use your coupons in the Shopping Cart, just before you Proceed to Checkout. Please enter the code of the Coupon in the "Discount Codes" field, and the payable amont will decrease with the amount of your used coupon. Please note that coupons will have to be used for their full value, there is no possibility to use only part of their value. You can also use your coupons if you visit us and make your purchase in our shop in Törökbálint, Hungary.
- 6.8 Cash on Delivery (C.O.D.)
- The Collect on Delivery service is currently only available for Hungarian delivery addresses. If you choose a Hungarian delivery address, you have the option to pay the full price for the package in cash (or in some cases with credit-card) directly to the shipping company agent. In these cases you will not pay when you place the order, you will pay when the package is delivered. Please make sure that you are paying to an official shipping company representative, delivering YOUR package. Green Aqua is not liable for any payment problems. In these cases the shipping company agent will only hand over your package AFTER the payment. Please always open the package with the agent still present, as if there are any damages to the goods, a damage note will have to be immediately signed. Without damage note we will not be able to process your warranty or eventual product replacements.
- 7. RETURNS POLICY - WITHDRAWAL AND CANCELLATION
- According to Hungarian Goverment Order number 45/2014. (II. 26.) Green Aqua Kft. has the obligation to inform all customers on their Withdrawal Rights. The consumer may exercise the right to withdraw at any time before the end of the period of withdrawal. You can exercise your withdrawal right by filling out a form on the Withdrawal / Cancellation page.
- What is Canncellation and how do I cancel an order?
You can cancel orders before they have been dispatched. (You will receive an automatic email response when your package has been sent.) Please send us an email or contact our Customer Support as soon as possible if you want to cancel an order. We will only need your name and order number (visible on the automatic email you received when you placed an order). If you have paid in advance, your payment will be fully refunded. Best way to cancel an order is to send us a message using the form from this page.
What is the Withdrawal Right?
The Withdrawal Right means you can exercise your right withdraw from your purchase. This will mean that you will get your money back, no-questions-asked.
What is the deadline for exercising my Right of Withdrawal?
The 14-day right-of-withdrawal is calculated from the date at which the goods are being delivered to you or somebody you entrusted with acceptance of the package.
Can I try or can I use the products during this 14-day period?
Yes, certainly. This is the main purpose of the Consumer Rights Act, to enable you, as a customer to try the goods and make sure that they are in line with your expectations. Carefully opening a sealed package does not imply loss of withdrawal right. As soon as you have decided that you want to withdraw from the purchase, please make sure that the products stay in the condition that you have preserved. It is imperative that all products must be in a condition to be re-sold in order for Green Aqua to refund your money. We cannot accept any products that are damaged or tampered in any way that would restrict their re-sale.
What do I have to do to withdraw / cancel my order?
Best and quickest way to do that is to send us your written declaration using our withdrawals / cancellations page. You can cancel orders before they have been dispatched and you can withdraw orders 14 days after their arrival to your door. (You will receive an automatic email response when your package has been sent.) Please send us an email or contact our Customer Support as soon as possible if you want to cancel / withdraw an order. We will only need your name and order number (visible on the automatic email you received when you placed an order). If you have paid in advance, your payment will be fully refunded.
How do I get my money back?
Green Aqua must reimburse all payments received from you, including, where applicable, the costs of delivery without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you have informed us of your decision to withdraw from the contract. Green Aqua must carry out such reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise and provided that you do not incur any fees as a result of such reimbursement. Please note that non-standard shipping costs are an exception - as they have been added as special request (such as express delivery, etc.).
When do I get my money back?
All refunds are initiated without delay, within the 14-day-period mentioned above. Please note that Credit Card purchases that are re-routed through the respectie Credit Card system might take more than 14 days to arrive to your account, due to the procedure applied by Credit Card companies. Green Aqua has no control over that, we will do everything to initiate the refund as soon as possible.
What is the proper way to handle the products ordered?
Please open the package carefully - preferably in the presence of the shipping company agent. (A damage form will have to be signed if you see any damages.) Open packaging carefully and keep the boxes with the invoice and warranty note until the end of the warranty time.
Items shall be returned hereunder properly wrapped and packed in their original packaging in unused and saleable condition. As soon as we have received the returned items, and have been able to confirm that the requirements above are met, we will refund your payment. In case you find that an item delivered by us to you is defective you should contact Customer Service as soon as possible with a formal complaint, to get a replacement delivery or, if that is not possible, a refund. The same applies in case you identify that a product has been damaged during transportation or you identify other deviations in the delivery, e.g. that the number of items or the product model delivered is not in line with your order.
How do I send the products back?
All products returns should be done at your expense. Green Aqua can not accept Cash on Delivery packages. Please pack the products carefully - using the same care that you experienced when you first opened our package. You need to send back the package within 14 days of your Withdrawal / Cancellation Declaration. Any damage made to the goods during return are solely your responsability, and their value will be deducted from the return amount. Products not used in conformity with their purpose are also subject to deduction.
Can I cancel / withdraw orders containing custom-made items?
Unfortunately not, as these custom-made items (for example aquariums, wooden cabinets, glassware, etc.) are manufactured specifically to your needs and therefore we are not obliged to try to re-sell them.
Exceptions from the right to withdraw / cancel.
- A contract for the supply of goods or related services for which the price depends on fluctuations in the financial market which cannot be controlled by the trader and which may occur within the withdrawal period;
- A contract for the supply of goods or digital content which are made to the consumer’s specifications, or are clearly personalised;
- A contract for the supply of goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly;
- Service contracts after the service has been fully performed if the performance has begun with the consumer’s prior express consent, and with the acknowledgement that he will lose his right of withdrawal once the contract has been fully performed by the trader;
- Where the goods supplied have, according to their nature, been inseparably mixed with other items after delivery;
- 8. GUARANTEE (WARRANTY)
The Hungarian Government Regulation number 151/2003. (IX. 22.) in-line with EU regulations imposes a mandatory 1 year warranty on durable goods only. Durable goods sold by Green Aqua fall within the following three categories:A. water heaters, chillers and other temperature-regulating equipment with price above EUR 35.
B. water and air pumps, internal- and external filters, above EUR 35
C. Wooden Cabinets above EUR 35.
This is called Legal guarantee. It is a legal protection that a consumer has if goods prove to be faulty. This does not depend on conditions in the contract. Besides the products that fall withing the above listed categories, there is a second group, called Commercial guarantee. This depends on the willingness of the guarantor (the producer, manufacturer) to assume personal liability for certain defects within a certain time period. Green Aqua and othe manufacturers of products sold on the Green Aqua webshop are offering a 1-5 year warranty on selected products, the warranty time depending on the individual product and manufacturer regulations. All warranty times will be found on all product description sheet as well as on our invoices or Warranty Sheets attached to the invoices.
Your right to a guarantee will start at the time of product delivery. If the damage has resulted from improper installation, you will loose your right to a guarantee. See the exclusions or limitations below. In case of damage or improper functioning you can ask for a replacement or repair.
All guarantee claims will have to be submitted with a valid Green Aqua invoice and Guarantee Note that you have received with the invoice. Please contact our Customer Support in such cases.
In which cases can you exercise your right for Guaranteee?
Faulty products will be replaced according to EU legislation.
What kind of Claims can our customers have and what is the deadline for those?
Eligibility for Warranty will lapse in one year. You, as customer are required to report all warranty issues without delay and file the report within the Warranty Period. If Green Aqua does not respond to your request within the Warranty Period you are still eligible to file suit until three months after the end of the Warranty Period. Failure to do so will result in loss of customer rights for warranty.
Who has to pay for shipping costs for item guarantee cases?
Shipping cost for all item replacements or repairs will be paid by the customer - both sending them to Green Aqua and shipping them back to your address. Green Aqua will assist in organizing the shipment if necessary.
8.1. Exclusions and limitations
The guarantee does not cover the following product types and cases of damage:
- Consumables (components that are expected to require periodic replacement, for exemaple external filter impellers)
- Damages or defects caused by use, operation or treatment of the product inconsistent with normal use.
- Damages or changes to the product as a result of misuse (including treatment resulting in physical, cosmetic or surface damage or changes to the product), failure to install or use the product for its normal purpose or in accordance with Green Aqua instructions (for example external filter plastic lever breaks that can result if you try to open an Eheim Ecco Pro filter with the taps not removed), failure to maintain the product in accordance with the proper maintenance plans described on the Green Aqua page, installation or use of the product in a manner inconsistent with the technical or safety laws or standards in the country where it is installed or used.
-The condition of or defects in systems with which the product is used (for example power problems which might result in permanent damage of electornic equipment such as Twinstar sterilizers).
- Repair or attempted repair by persons who are not Green Aqua authorised specialists or contractual partners.
- Accidents, fire, liquids, chemicals or other substances, flooding, vibrations, excessive heat, improper ventilation, power surges, excess or incorrect supply or input voltage, radiation, electrostatic discharges including lighting, other external forces and impacts.
- All complaints should be sent to our Customer Support. You can send an email using this page or call us at +36-1-6104627, or you can send an email. If you are satisfied with handling your request you can contact the following authorities:
- - Notary of Törökbálint city. Address: Munkácsi Mihály street 79, 2045 Törökbálint, Hungary. Phone: +36 23 335021. Email: email@example.com
- - Consumer Protection Authority. József krt. 6., 1088 Budapest, Hungary. Phone: +36 1 4594800
- - Pest County Arbitration Board. Address: Kossuth Lajos tér 6-8, 3 em. 331., 1055 Budapest, Hungary. Mail address: Pf. 81., 1364 Budapest, Hungary. Phone: +36 1 2690703
- 10. NEWSLETTER
- Green Aqua is sending out regular newsletters to our customers. These newsletters contain information on the life of the Green Aqua gallery, aquascaping events, new products and services, Nature Aquarium photos, product sales. Newsletters are only sent to you if you opt-in during registration or you fill out your email address for newsletters subscription on our homepage. If you would not like to receive a newsletter any more, please unsubscribe at the bottom of any newsletter you received from us.
- By submitting an order at our webshop you consent to us processing your personal data. Your purchase may involve the collection and processing by us, or by a sub-contractor of us (for example the shipping company that delivers your package), of your personal data, for example of the data you fill out in the order form, including your personal data that may be necessary to execute your payment and package shipment. We will use your personal data to manage your purchase (including with respect to payment, delivery and any returns and/or refunds), for marketing purposes and to improve the services and design of our website. Your personal data may be transferred by us to another company of our company group and/or to certain selected third parties involved in e.g. payment transactions or deliveries, but then only to meet our commitments to you in connection with your purchase. We reserve the right to submit your personal data, in whole or in part, as may be required following a mandatory order of the police or prosecutor’s office or by a court of competent jurisdiction or another government agency having appropriate authority, including for the investigation of (suspected) fraud or other crime against you or a third party. Such disclosure will be limited to personal data that are relevant and/or necessary to meet such request and we will do our best to keep you properly informed of any such disclosure.
- Your personal data will be stored only for as long as is needed or for as long as is provided by law. Upon your request, we will tell you which personal data about you we are processing and for what purpose(s) and you may request that your personal data is corrected or removed - with the exception of your data displayed on Invoices, those are required to be stored for 5 years from their issuance. In case you wish to be removed from any direct mailing lists, please contact our Customer Service or click unsubscribe in any of our newsletters. We will not sell your personal data to any third party for such third party’s marketing campaigns or for any unsolicited marketing unrelated to your purchase(s) at the Web Shop.
"Green Aqua" is an internationally registered trademark of Green Aqua Kft. and therefore it is copyrighted by international law. The use of the name Green Aqua in relation with aquarium and other hobby products is strictly prohibited and will result in prosecution.
Images and text used on our site cannot be used without written permission from Green Aqua. All fishtank images (even those featured on our third-party sites like Flickr or Facebook) are also subject to intellectual property rights. This restriction also applies to image or text parts, and to their modification.
All third-party images used on our site are used with the consent of the Manufacturers. Their re-use is prohibited. Green Aqua is often contributing to those texts and images with his own content that falls within the EU Intellectual Property Protection Act.
Orders and purchases from our site will in no way mean any transfer of these rights to you.
Hungarian language Fact Sheets (Material Safety Data Sheets or MSDS) of all labelled products sold at Green Aqua can be found here. Please note that we do not ship products that are listed on that page because of shipping company and Hungarian Law regulations.
Last update: May 30, 2016. This date is only the update date for the Terms and Conditions page. The Green Aqua website is being updated daily, or several times per day.
- Directive 1999/44/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council
- Act V of 2013 on the Civil Code (Hungary)
- Government Decree 45/2014. (II.26.) (Hungary)
- Act CLXIV. of 2005 on commerce (Hungary)
- Decree of the Ministry for National Economy no. 19/2014. (IV. 29.) on the procedure rules for settling guarantee and warranty claims concerning things sold under a contract between a consumer and an undertaking (Hungary)
- Government Decree 151/2003. (IX.22.) on guarantee commitments of durable consumer's goods (the guarantee period: 1 year) (Hungary)
- Act CVIII of 2001 on certain aspects of electronic commerce and information society services (Act on E-Commerce) (Hungary)
- Regulation (EC) 1272/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council
- Act XXV of 2000 on Chemical Safety (Hungary)