JBL Artemio 1 - Extension for ArtemioSet
- Complete breeding container as in ArtemioSet, but without air pump and hose.
- Includes a stand which can be permanently connected to other Artemio stands.
- Optional wall-mounting.
- Likewise with a means for redirecting the air flow to additional breeding containers.
JBL Artemio 1-FAQ
How can I remove the lids of the JBL Artemio sets and the JBL Artemio 1 easily while reducing wear ?
To remove the lid of the Artemio reactor more easily and thus protect the sealing we recommend greasing the lid with “vaseline”. Thus the lid is easier to remove and the sealing is treated with care.
How do I clean the reaction vessel properly?
It should be washed by hand. The plastic may be damaged in a dishwasher. A washing-up brush, bottle brush or JBL WishWash can be used in addition. JBL PowerClean or BioClean A can be used as a cleaning solution to remove coarse dirt and make cleaning possible.
At the beginning, you may actually find that the water from the breeding reactor is not flowing through the fine sieve. This can happen when
- a fresh, dry sieve is used for the first time,
- a used sieve that has not been rinsed properly is used,
- a sieve that is dried out is used.
1) Moisten the sieve on both sides beforehand to remove the air from the pores so that the water can flow through freely. 2) Tap on the underside of the sieve. This contact causes the water to be drawn through the sieve and the effect to spread across the surface of the sieve.
This is due to the sieve's fine structure with a mesh size of 150 µm and the so-called cohesion of the water molecules. Water molecules combine to form larger units (clusters), which is why water is liquid between 0 °C and 100 °C. Otherwise, it would be gaseous. When you have a fine, dry sieve, the cohesion prevents the water from passing through initially, because the pores are still filled with air. By contrast, when you have a moist sieve or have established contact on the underside, a suction effect occurs which breaks up the clusters, thereby permitting water to flow through the sieve.
The sealing ring on the lid of the JBL Artemio Set or JBL Artemio 1always pops off when I try to put it on. It is advisable to push the sealing ring behind 2 or 3 of the mount and to then slip the other part onto the guide. Afterwards, pull the sealing ring over each of the two mounts, one after the other. This way, it is then positioned on the guide.
The reactor of the JBL Artemeio Set or JBL Artemio 1 is constantly clogged by a drop of salt. Is that normal?
This only happens when the hose is immersed in the salt mixture that has been added or if the power supply is interrupted for an extended period of time so that the water was able to flow back into the hose.
Tip: Before you fasten the lid on the artemio, please turn on the air pump. Then, when the air tube is immersed in the water with the mixture, which may not have dissolved yet, the exiting air will prevent JBL Artemio Mix or JBL Artemio Sal and JBL Artemio Pur from settling in the air tube and forming a salt plug.
|Name||JBL Artemio 1 - Extension for ArtemioSet|